has written a Property Authoring server control
that can be embedded within a template file. With this nifty control, authors are now able to update placeholder content, property and custom property values all at the same time
. It's a great addition to any MCMS managed website. Here are some good reasons why you should download and use it:
- With all editable fields on a single screen, authors will no longer forget to update meta data.
- Simply drag and drop the control onto the template file for each field you wish to display on the screen. It comes with its own property (ShowInPresentationMode) that you can use to decide whether or not the value shows up in presentation mode as well.
- It makes authoring a one-click (and one-save) process. You don't have to open separate pages/dialogs to edit a posting's property value.
- Worried about authors entering invalid dates in the TextBox while editing custom property values? You can now pick and choose from a variety of input controls for entering custom property values: Calendar, MultiLine TextBox, SingleLine TextBox, DropDownBox, Boolean or Number fields.
- It comes with a full set of source code :-)
With the source code, you can extend it to have your application provide intial values to property values (say, a posting's expiry date) and with some fiddling, you may even get it to do some validation. Pretty cool, isn't it?
Download the Property Authoring Server Control