Saturday, January 06, 2007

I've been tagged - 5 Things you may not know about me

Stefan, my co-writer for the MCMS books we've written has tagged me. I'm suppose to list 5 personal details that you may not know about. Well, I've never really shared any personal secrets on my blog before (it's a Tech blog), so this will be a first :-)

1. I was born a left-hander but was trained to use my right hand to write. Now, I perform most tasks with my left hand except holding a pen or mouse.

2. I once shot a 3-in-1 at Air Rifle practice when I was at Junior College. And yes, I shoot better with my left arm than my right.

3. My childhood ambition was to be a vet. But the encounter with my neighbour's Apple IIe (he was an Apple engineer) changed all that. My brother and I would sneak over to his house to play computer games with his son and run back before he got home. I was 7 years old then.

4. I studied electrical engineering in University, specializing in wireless technologies. My final year thesis was about building a "multi-layered suspended microstrip low pass filter". It gave me the taste of being on the bleeding edge of technology. I enjoyed it immensely but thought it was better matched with my interest in computers.

5. I started participating in the MCMS community with a pseudonym so that I could keep my activities hidden from the watchful eyes of the then conservative culture at my ex-company. You may have known me as "Trevor". No, I'm neither a cross-dresser nor someone with a complex alter ego. The name was chosen randomly such that no one who looked at it could remotely link it to me. I have since changed jobs and retired Trevor.

I've now got the license to tag 5 more people and I'm tagging Kit Kai, Chewy, Howard, Serena and Lilian.

1 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very funny! :). I'm also left-handed but contrary to you, I do everything with my right hand except writing :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home